Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

LC127
#1 Posted : 23 February 2012 20:57:58(UTC)
LC127

Groups: Registered

Just got my lumie clear today and am looking forward to seeing what effect it has on my skin. I've had acne in some form or other since the age of 15 (now 33) and have had antibiotics, topical retinoids, roaccutane, Dianette, and Yasmin most recently. The OCPs were the most effective treatment for me and I absolutely would not take a repeat course of roaccutane due to the side effects.

I stopped taking Yasmin in Oct 2011 in the hope that my skin would have "settled" by now. Whilst my acne is nowhere near as bad as it was at its worst, I still get regular spots and in the hope I don't need to go back on medication, I thought I'd give the lumie clear a try after reading mostly positive reviews.

I cleansed my face before the first use earlier this evening but was wondering whether I should use it before applying moisturiser, after, or whether it doesn't really matter?! My skin is a bit weird in that it is very acne prone but also can be very dry in places (thanks to roaccutane) so if I don't put moisturiser on after cleansing, my skin feels really tight and uncomfortable. Do skin products reduce it's effectiveness?

Edited by user 23 February 2012 20:59:34(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

admin
#2 Posted : 24 February 2012 14:32:46(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Yes, we recommend that you remove make-up and cleanse before using Lumie Clear. You can use your usual moisturisers, make-up etc afterwards.

If you bought it from us, you can take advantage of the home trial; give us ring after, say, 3 weeks if you aren't seeing much improvement.

Another thing - which we forgot to mention in the instructions... ooops - is that you should give Lumie Clear a wipe clean between uses, especially if you are using it directly against your skin.

Good luck!
LC127
#3 Posted : 01 March 2012 19:14:46(UTC)
LC127

Thanks for advice. Just need to wait and see how it works now!
Fisqui
#4 Posted : 12 August 2013 09:32:23(UTC)
Fisqui

United Kingdom

I've just started using mine. Do you have an update on how you got on? Any infor would be much appreciated.
admin
#5 Posted : 13 August 2013 08:35:05(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 9 post(s)
You might want to have a look on our You Tube channel Lumie Lights.

There are quite a few video updates posted by people using Lumie Clear over several weeks.

Lumie

Rss Feed  Atom Feed