Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

MissyMinxy
#1 Posted : 14 September 2014 21:15:44(UTC)
MissyMinxy

Groups: Registered

Hi,

I'm hoping theres someone who can help me improve my life & health.

My sleep is all over the place so I am hoping the dawn simulator will help me get into a regular routine. I am wondering how to get the best out of the simulator. Is anyone aware of research indicating the ideal sunrise duration setting as my alarm have setting options 15 minutes, 30 minutes, 60 minutes and 90 minutes.

In addition is there any research indicating that it is worthwhile using the sunset option on the dawn simulatiors as well as the sunrise simulation?

Many thanks

Linda
#2 Posted : 15 September 2014 10:27:12(UTC)
Linda

Groups: Registered
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 14 post(s)
Hi there, and welcome to the forum!

I'm afraid the only way of finding out what the ideal settings are is to experiment to find out what works best for you. What's good for one person may not work well for another. You could try one setting for a week to see if there's any improvement, and then adjust it accordingly.

My own experience of these is that they don't really help to reset my body clock. It's quite easy for me to sleep right through the sunrise setting, and I don't set the alarm in addition to the sunrise because I don't like to be jarred from sleep in that abrupt kind of way. However, it's nice to be woken to a warm, gentle kind of glow when it does manage to rouse me. I've never tried the sunset setting; again, it's a very individual thing, so if you find it hard to wind down when you go to bed it's worth trying.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed