Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Hadrian
#1 Posted : 24 July 2017 15:00:24(UTC)
Hadrian

Groups: Registered

Hi everyone ,
Been about a year since I've been on here. In case you are new to the forum - I've been a member since 2007 and I also have an official diagnosis of SAD.
After what's been about a month of overcast weather in the north east of England , my SAD symptoms have started to return. Not going abroad this year hasn't helped either. My symptoms normally start around September /October , but over my life time of this condition I have had one or two early symptomatic starts ( a couple of August starts and once before in July ) This is always dependent on what sort of spring / "summer" we've had.
So it's back out with the lamp again. I came of citalopram in February as it was making very tired and I was putting on a lot of weight. Not sure if I want to go down the meds route again. I will see how it goes.
Not sure who Is on the forum now ( it seem's quite ) but I just thought I'd say hello.
wooltonian
#2 Posted : 24 July 2017 18:40:00(UTC)
wooltonian

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Hadrian Go to Quoted Post
Hi everyone ,
Been about a year since I've been on here. In case you are new to the forum - I've been a member since 2007 and I also have an official diagnosis of SAD.
After what's been about a month of overcast weather in the north east of England , my SAD symptoms have started to return. Not going abroad this year hasn't helped either. My symptoms normally start around September /October , but over my life time of this condition I have had one or two early symptomatic starts ( a couple of August starts and once before in July ) This is always dependent on what sort of spring / "summer" we've had.
So it's back out with the lamp again. I came of citalopram in February as it was making very tired and I was putting on a lot of weight. Not sure if I want to go down the meds route again. I will see how it goes.
Not sure who Is on the forum now ( it seem's quite ) but I just thought I'd say hello.

Hiya Hadrian. I check in most days. I feel fine now, but know that I will turn a corner in the Autumn, so I always feel a connection to this forum.

I was just wondering....do you take vitamin D?. If I don't take it through the winter months I become be a zombie from mid-November onwards. This year I have carried on taking it throughout summer and feel it has helped keep me on an even keel. In the same way, I think you're absolutely right to use your light box during dreary summer mornings and afternoons. If the sun shines get outdoors! If it doesn't get on the light box. It sounds a strange thing to do, but it makes perfect sense to a fellow SAD sufferer!
Hadrian
#3 Posted : 24 July 2017 19:19:45(UTC)
Hadrian

Hi there Wooltonian and thanks for the reply !!!
I've flirted with Vitamin D supplements but never really stuck to it.
What dosage to you take and in what format ( tablets / spray ? ) Is there a certain brand / supplier you prefer ???
wooltonian
#4 Posted : 24 July 2017 19:58:43(UTC)
wooltonian

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 8 post(s)
I take Solgar brand 1,000 IU softgels. Everyone has their own way of coping, of course, but for me a good brand of vitamin D is a game-changer. Anyway, I hope the sun returns to the north-east for a few weeks before the end of summer. If it doesn't, keep using that light box!
Hadrian
#5 Posted : 25 July 2017 09:26:58(UTC)
Hadrian

I will mate - and I know everyone is different but can I just ask what is your regime , do you just take them in the winter or throughout the year ?
Rss Feed  Atom Feed