Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

nesbit
#1 Posted : 21 February 2012 14:01:51(UTC)
nesbit

Groups: Registered

I am thinking of buying the Arabica model as it seems to fit the criteria I am looking for. Couple of questions:

For getting in a decent sleep pattern, can this be effective if one uses it for 30 minutes every morning just after waking up, or do I need to start with a longer time then reducing this after a period of regular / daily use?

Also, would placing this directly in front of me, at slightly less or about outstretched arm's length, doing other tasks like eating my breakfast but not looking directly into it, which should work as long as the light is directed toward my face, sound about right?

Sorry if these sound like "newby" obvious questions but I am just want to be sure I am doing the right thing.

Best Wishes, Neil
Linda
#2 Posted : 22 February 2012 11:37:48(UTC)
Linda

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 14 post(s)
I don't know the model you mention, but most light boxes work in the same way. They can help reset your sleep pattern, but it's not guaranteed. How they work for any particular person, though, is a very individual thing, and the best thing you can do is to experiment with it to see what works best for you. Many people begin with around 15-30 minutes, and find that it's enough for them, whilst others gradually increase the length of time, or add in another session later in the day.
The usage you describe sounds about right, although some people put the lamp a little to one side rather than directly in front.
If it's sleep that is your main problem, you might like to look into a dawn simulator to help you wake up at a regular time. I find that my light box isn't enough on its own to reset my sleep pattern, and have resorted to other methods alongside. However, I think you can hire both light boxes and dawn simulators to try out before you buy, so you know they will work for you before you part with your cash.

Edited by user 22 February 2012 11:39:39(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

anamarie
#3 Posted : 13 June 2015 13:53:02(UTC)
anamarie

United Kingdom

I don't know about you guys, but after my first baby I got my whole sleeping cycle messed up and I tried this natural balm called Good Night and I felt so much better instantly. I think it was made by a company called 1001remedies, try looking it up on www.1001remedies.com or something like that. It really helped me a ton
Rss Feed  Atom Feed