Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

stef5555
#1 Posted : 10 January 2014 12:00:51(UTC)
stef5555

Groups: Registered
United Kingdom

Hi everyone,

I am a 34 year old female who has suffered with cystic acne now for 4 years. For the last 4 years this has been huge sore lumps all over my chin and lower face, but has recently started on my hairline and between my eyes/around my eyebrows.

The cysts last for months, and are huge. I had one a few weeks ago and the lump under my skin when I pinched it was just under 3/4 inch wide. They peak and redden for a while, then go back to skin colour but protrude from my face as lumps for weeks and weeks. When they finally clear and flatten, they leave a dark patch where they were.

I have been to the doctors and the hospital, tried antibiotics/pills, I have tried the creams (duac etc) which did nothing but burn my skin and make it redder than ever.

I basically would like to know if Lumie works on deep rooted cystic acne. I never get typical 'spots' that come to a head and clear up quickly, I only get cysts (about 2-3 a week) that last forever.

A beautician has tried to extract them before when I have got the end of my tether, but they are only filled with blood. (gross I know, but just trying to stress that they are not normal spots that can be squeezed then dried up).

I have recently had a few sunbed sessions, and these really seemed to help. I didn't get as many cysts and my skin looked clearer. however, being fair I am worried about the damage to my skin.

I hope someone can help me on this. I feel embarrassed to go out as a grown woman with a face full of lumps.

Thank you :)
admin
#2 Posted : 14 January 2014 14:12:07(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Lumie Clear is recommended for mild-moderate acne and we weren’t sure how effective it would be for your cystic acne so we asked our dermatologist for some expert advice. He said, "There is no data that I've seen regarding cystic acne and light treatment. From experience, cystic acne often requires drug treatment or targeted invasive treatment to treat stubborn cysts. Light therapy can’t penetrate deeply enough for this.

As for whiteheads, light could have an effect on smaller bumps but larger whiteheads - again - tend to respond to physical treatments only and light therapy on its own is unlikely to work.

In general, hormonally-driven acne is much more difficult to treat, using any type of treatment, and has a higher recurrence rate too."

Lumie Clear has hardly any UV light so you probably won't get the effects you see after your sunbed sessions either :/

Sorry we don't have better news for you. If you're desparate and wanted to give it a go anyway there is a 45-day trial with Clear and you get your money back less £20.

Best wishes
Lumie

Edited by user 14 January 2014 14:14:54(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

graceellen
#3 Posted : 14 June 2014 23:52:45(UTC)
graceellen

Groups: Registered
United States

Did you happen to try this out and if so how did it work for your acne?
Rss Feed  Atom Feed