Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

debbie
#1 Posted : 11 December 2016 18:11:49(UTC)
debbie

Groups: Registered
Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Hi Everyone,
Debbie here,
well its mid December almost, and for the last few days my energy levels have sunk to rock bottom, today i am totally exhausted and so low its unreal, the constant dark days with no sunshine, just roll seamless into long dark nights, and i feel trapped and panicky,
I have been trying to get out, during the lightest part of the day, but its so cloudy and very low quality light, its not doing anything for me at all.
In November i felt almost normal due to the sunshine we had, i felt my mood was far better, i was cheerful and really chatty, but since this month and the forthcoming festive period i have sunk into a slumber.
I do not like Christmas due to a family member loss in 2012, and the really bad break down i had back at Christmas 2010, all comes back to haunt me.

I will attempt to go on my treadmill later, has my doctor advises to keep active to lift your mood, its better than reaching for my nice biscuit tin, and eat happily on foods that are not good for me.

Hope other members are okay?

If it persists into the New year i will consult my GP on increasing the dosage of citalopram, but i hope its only a blip in the darkest part of the year, 3.20 pm today it was dark here in Radcliffe, my memory is also very fragmented, and concentration is 0

I recently bought a book on Sad in the hope of learning something new, called winter blues, so far very informative, and very me

God bless
debbie x

wooltonian
#2 Posted : 12 December 2016 10:27:01(UTC)
wooltonian

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Sorry to hear things are not good at the moment, Debbie. It may be an idea to go and see your doctor before Christmas to discuss Citalopram. New Year still seems like a long way off in terms of waiting to see him. In the meantime, I would allow yourself to dip into that biscuit tin. S100 gives himself licence to eat cake at this time of year! Me, I'm a savoury man. Chicken tikka samosas from Sainsbury's are my weakness.!

I've had a terrible time this winter....but I don't think what I have is SAD related. I got carted off to hospital a week yesterday (Sunday) with severe high blood pressure. I've had borderline high BP for several years and keep a BP monitor at home. Usually my BP is fairly predictable -- drink too much it goes up a bit, lead a healthy lifestyle it goes down a bit. Anyway, I started feeling unwell on the Friday. By Sunday my BP was alarmingly high. I managed to get an emergency GP appointment where they took a reading and it was up over 200! Got sent to hospital where it hit 220!!

That night they put me on a new BP pill, which has brought it down from 'severe' but it is still too high, so today I start on beta-blockers. Just going to pick up my prescription now. It's been a total nightmare -- I hate the idea of being on medication for the rest of my life.....but what can you do? Shut up and take your pills seems to be the advice. Side effects? Deal with it!

I am due to start a new job next month and am beside myself about how that is all going to work out. Xmas plans are all up in the air too. Don't know what I'm doing at the moment. Like you, I'm not fussed about Christmas and this just adds a whole new layer of doubt and uncertainty into the equation.

Sorry. I will try to be a bit more cheerful next time!
debbie
#3 Posted : 12 December 2016 10:42:33(UTC)
debbie

Woman
United Kingdom

Hi wooltonian,
I am so sorry you had a bad time being taken into hospital Sunday last, that must have been scary, especially your blood pressure being so high!
I do hope you are feeling a lot better now?
Thank you for your kind reply,
I woke with a glimmer of sun which instantly made me feel better, I think I should walk around with a bright light connected to my head!
I was put on beta blockers when my panics where bad propranolol, and was on then for 4 years, finally I managed to wean off them, like yourself I hate the thought of being on tablets all my life, I will discuss with my doctor my medication, my mood is up and down,
I find when January arrives I am far better, sometimes! Weather and light dependent,
Yes the biscuit tin was opened last night, I couldn't resist any longer,
I recall s100 saying he was off away this month to the sun on a bargain flight, don't blame him!
My break is late May usual haunt the Isle of Wight but I love the scenery,
It's that what is lifting my mood when I think of it, and will hopefully get me through winter

Good luck for your new job, wish you all the best with it
DebbieπŸŽ„πŸŒžβ˜€οΈ

Edited by user 12 December 2016 10:44:10(UTC)  | Reason: Spelling

wooltonian
#4 Posted : 13 December 2016 08:59:40(UTC)
wooltonian

United Kingdom

I took my first beta-blocker last night (bisoprolol). Went to bed with a bit of a headache. Woke up with something very like the hangover from hell. This is extra worrying because headaches are usually a signal that my blood pressure is bad. It wasn't. Just the usual fairly rubbish reading.

And now the 'advice' starts. Keep taking it. It may take a few days for the side effects to wear off. Take plenty of paracetamol (more pills on top of the three BP pills I am already taking). Don't go back to the doctor yet. It's probably just a coincidence.

If I do go back to the doctor I have to sit in a waiting room full of consumptives for an hour-and-a-half.

This feels a bit like a descent into madness. How the hell did I get here?

I will give it another day.
debbie
#5 Posted : 13 December 2016 14:08:45(UTC)
debbie

Woman
United Kingdom

Hi wooltonian,
What a time you are having, I do hope that everything settles down?
It sounds dreadful,
I have to admit I feel exhausted and spaced out today and not taken any medication apart from my citalopram,
I am not sleeping well at night, when I finally get off to sleep, I wake at 10.30 am and the rest of the day I am the living dead!
There is very little light here, I have house lights on to no benefit,
Just attempting to walk into town to get some needed natural light, but even that is taking my energy just to put a coat on,
I really hope you will be okay and you settle down with the tablets, like you I hate taking multiple medication,
God bless
Shortest day only 8 days to go, positive note!
Debbie xπŸŒžπŸ€•
wooltonian
#6 Posted : 14 December 2016 10:00:48(UTC)
wooltonian

United Kingdom

Thanks Debbie. Not sure what the weather forecast is for the next few days (you're the expert on that!) but looks like a nice day so far here in Liverpool so I'm going to try and rouse myself for a little well-overdue Christmas shopping! While I'm at it I'm going to sort out cards, stamps and wrapping paper. Let's get Xmas sorted!

I have zero energy at the moment, so a sneaky trip to Costa Coffee may be in order. Coffee is doubtless not good for my blood pressure but to be honest I'm beyond caring. I'm taking my bliddy pills, avoiding alcohol completely, waking up with what feels like a hangover every morning and feel like a 93 year old, so today I'm going to allow a little caffeine into my system!

Sorry if I sound grumpy, but this high blood pressure really sucks and I know I'm a bad patient! Hopefully the real, cheerful, Christmassy me is just around the corner.
debbie
#7 Posted : 17 December 2016 10:35:02(UTC)
debbie

Woman
United Kingdom

Hi wooltonian,
Hope the beta blockers have settled down?
My mood is just getting by just being the appropriate word, woke to foggy morning but I will try to get out today.
I am religiously counting to the shortest day, I class that has a milestone, in my sad,
Roll on January when Christmas is over can't be doing with it,

Did you venture to costa coffee?
Hope it didn't cause your bp to rise?

I am still just waking up myself, I cannot wake before 10 am in winter despite early to bed?

Take care,
Oh ducks and swans got fed yesterday!
Debbie πŸŽ„
Rss Feed  Atom Feed