Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

debbie
#1 Posted : 31 January 2017 09:57:07(UTC)
debbie

Groups: Registered
Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Hi Everyone,

Debbie here, gosh i am beginning to struggle again, with sad, the tiredness is overwhelming and the endless miserable sunless days are getting me really down.
The most of January i have not been bad, plodding along, has its been cold but sunny spells which made my mood stable, but today i woke with this overwhelming sense of a black hole.
Its been on and off since the weather has got worse.
I find this happens to me, although a sad lamp is not suitable for me, i tried one a good quality lamp a while ago and they just did not help me despite following the instructions.

Next week my husband has treated me to a late birthday get away to the Isle of Wight, i like it there, and there is a private pool to occupy me, but it still does not lift my spirits, then i start to feel un grateful,

I have noticed on a more optimistic side, the nights are getting shorter, here in Radcliffe, 4.55 yesterday when nightfall happened, so i am grateful for that, generally speaking February i begin to climb out of sad slowly by the end of the month, and March sad generally subsides with the nights getting shorter, i just hope this happens, its been a struggle for the last few days.

Hope others are okay on the forum, has its very quiet?
Debbie x
wooltonian
#2 Posted : 01 February 2017 10:19:14(UTC)
wooltonian

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Hang in there Debbie! The weather is a bit rubbish at the moment but the days are getting noticeably longer. When it's still light at five o'clock I start to feel that Spring is just around the corner.

My winter has been OK from an SAD perspective, but pretty awful in other respects. My blood pressure seems to be under control, but I am now on three different types of BP medication! I was looking for a job and then I found a job (as the Smiths would say) and I walked out after two days! Terrible experience! This has left me feeling a bit down and has knocked my self-confidence. If I keep plugging away with my vitamin D supplements and light therapy I seem to be able to get through the winter. Despite that, I'm sure some warm sunshine will give me a boost come April / May.

You're right. It has been very quiet on this forum over the last couple of months. I hope one or two people will pop in over the coming weeks to let us know how they're getting on!

Take care,

wooltonian
debbie
#3 Posted : 01 February 2017 11:01:15(UTC)
debbie

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Hi wooltonian,
I am so grateful for your reply, and i was wondering how the job you started went, i am sorry you walked out on it, and it did not work for you.
Things can make us low like that on top of the sad.
I feel a bit more optimistic, being the 1st Feb today, like you say i have noticed the nights are slowly drawing out, giving way to light at just 5pm, i clock watch daily in the hope of some movement in the right direction, and my spring bulbs are beginning to show themselves, a welcome relief to the long long nights, that have dragged so far.

I am seeing my doctor tomorrow to see how i am regarding the tablets, i had a terrible low mood over the festive period, it was awful also panic feelings, i felt trapped.

I have been walking into Radcliffe on the better days, and fed the ducks, sadly someone a mindless thug has killed the two swans,with a cross bow has a warden was looking for evidence after being alerted by two dog walkers the other week, i was naturally devestated, after he told me what had happened.

So for a few days i was mulling that over, dreadful.

next week i am going to the isle of wight, i shall keep my momentum up for that, a late birthday treat from other half.
At least in general the weather is a bit drier than miserable Radcliffe.

god bless
debbie x
Rss Feed  Atom Feed