Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

soobs
#1 Posted : 18 February 2010 11:31:31(UTC)
soobs

Groups: Registered

Has anyone used light therapy for acne treatment? How effective is the hand-held device?
optimistic1968@aol.com
#2 Posted : 24 May 2010 18:17:56(UTC)
optimistic1968@aol.com

Me and my sister have been using Lumie Clear for a week and our skin isn't as red as it was before. The glasses are a little awkward but you only have to wear them when you have the light near or shining in your eyes. I have used it direct on my skin for 15 minutes each part of my face and it showed straight away, the redness was reduced and my sister and me have used it with the stand for 30 minutes on our face but the stand still needs to be quite near to your skin, 10 cm or so so I am still trying to get placing the stand right. I think I prefer direct on my skin and after 1 week I can see results...
Lizi
#3 Posted : 09 June 2010 21:55:31(UTC)
Lizi

Just finished the 12 week trial of Lumie clear, with incredible results. Clear is great at reducing redness and pain from acne - in fact, i've noticed that just one treatment (skin contact is best) significantly reduces the inflammation.
Speaking as someone who has suffered chronic acne for more than 10 years and tried almost every treatment under the sun ... I can HIGHLY recommend light therapy! Easy to use and very effective!
Leeds Lass
#4 Posted : 12 June 2010 01:29:34(UTC)
Leeds Lass

I am coming up to my 4th week of using the Lumie Clear for acne (which I have suffered with for the last 15 years.) I agree that the glasses are quite uncomfortable and tend to leave temporary dints on my cheeks from where they have been , but as the device does seem to be working it is a small price to pay. I have only used the device by hand, holding it on my face for 15 mins on my chin/bottom of right cheek and 15 mins on my forehead so cannot vouch for what happens when using it further away on the stand but have definately seen positive results from using it next to the skin. The treatment is pain free the area you are treating does get warm and can sometimes look rosy after treatment but not angry in any way. Hope to continue getting good results like you Lizzi for the rest of my 12 week trial
Leeds Lass
#5 Posted : 26 June 2010 16:57:13(UTC)
Leeds Lass

All is still going well with my 12 week Lumie Clear treatment plan. I got a couple of fresh spots this week but no big clusters containing lots of pimples and my skin overall looks so much clearer and brighter than it did before I started using the Lumie

Edited by user 26 June 2010 16:58:40(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

optimistic1968@aol.com
#6 Posted : 27 June 2010 14:01:28(UTC)
optimistic1968@aol.com

I am coming up to the end of my 6th week of the trial and I am using it on my skin for 15 minutes. My skins colour is less red and no new spots have appeared for 2 weeks.. cannot wait until I'm spot free ...
#7 Posted : 29 July 2010 11:14:25(UTC)

Hello, I have questions for people who have got good results with LUMIE CLEAR : what type of acne had you ? big red and painful pimples ? filled with pus ? and where ? (chin, forehead,chest, back?)

And what happened after the 12 weeks ? Does your acne come back ? Do you still use Lumie clear ?

Thank you
optimistic1968@aol.com
#8 Posted : 29 July 2010 13:04:39(UTC)
optimistic1968@aol.com

I had them on my face, chest and back... I've only been using Lumie Clear for 10 weeks and after 12 weeks I'll carry on using it just not every day, probably a few times a week. My spots were very raw and red and some had pus in... but now they are much better and my skin is not red and inflamed.
Leeds Lass
#9 Posted : 01 August 2010 12:30:06(UTC)
Leeds Lass

Cita I have also been using the Lumie Clear.

This is my 10th week of use. My worst areas were lots of spots on my forehead and lower cheek/chin a lot would be painful with puss and I would also get lots of blackheads. Basically I have suffered with bad skin since my mid 20s (I am now 38).

The Lumie has worked wonders for me I still have a couple of spots on my forehead but my skin is just so much clearer than it was before and actually looks healthy and glowing.

Rachael
#10 Posted : 07 December 2010 19:11:54(UTC)
Rachael

I'm trying to decide whether to buy Lumie Clear Acne Light Therapy Lightbox or the Dr Kern BeautySkin Acne Help Treatment Lamp/Light? Can anyone advise me?
Daisy
#11 Posted : 15 December 2010 15:48:00(UTC)
Daisy

I've been using Lumie Clear for about 12 weeks and my skin is completely clear for the first time in over 10 years. Nothing else - including the pill and antibiotics - has achieved this for me. Previously I would get a painful cyst near my hairline every few months, small spots near my chin (nearly constantly) and a couple per month on my cheeks.

Rachael - I would recommend the Lumie Clear to anybody who can get hold of one. The customer service and trial period are both excellent features, and Lumie has a lot of experience in developing light-based treatments. Things like the frequency and wavelength of the light emitted by the LEDs are important for the treatment to work, and Lumie can confirm that theirs is correct whereas many of the competing firms I looked at did not have this information.

From what I remember about the BeautySkin, it was a lamp that you had to sit in front of, right? If so this is much less convenient than the Lumie Clear, which is easily portable and quite easy to fit into your routine (I use mine whilst reading or watching TV).

Hope that helps!
Daisy
#12 Posted : 13 September 2011 20:34:29(UTC)
Daisy

For me, the Lumie Clear was the only 100% effective treatment I could find. Beforehand I tried 3 kinds of antibiotics, 3 different prescription creams, the pill and goodness only knows how many washes/spot sticks etc. Some of them worked to an extent, but nothing got rid of my spots completely. I was sceptical about Lumie but decided to give it a go, and over the 3 month period (and for some time after) my skin improved to the point where I no longer needed make-up or worried about getting spots because my skin was completely sorted! 1 year on it's still great, I still use the Lumie and am thinking of buying a back-up just in case the company ever stops selling it. I would recommend it in an instant - I had all sorts of spots (whiteheads, blackheads, cysts) and it worked on all of them, and it's saved me a fortune now that I don't need prescriptions or face-washes any more.
nixstar
#13 Posted : 17 September 2011 02:10:25(UTC)
nixstar

I have been using the lumie clear for about 2 weeks now and it has made an amazing difference on my skin. I have hormonal acne on my ckeeks and chin. The spots are gone but scars are fading slowly with use and time i hope that these will go too.
admin
#14 Posted : 21 September 2011 10:49:21(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Glad things are going well for you so far nixstar.

Just wanted to point out that we DON'T claim Lumie Clear will improve the look of pre-existing acne scars; this just hasn't been studied with this sort of device.

But hey, if you feel it's helping that's what counts : )

admin

Edited by user 21 September 2011 10:52:12(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

lisa
#15 Posted : 14 December 2011 14:33:07(UTC)
lisa

cAN ANYONE HELP ME?i have dark spots which were cause by acne scars and a bought lumie but after a while the glass becomes quite hot.is this normal? do you think i will get worse dark spots from use it?

Edited by user 14 December 2011 14:36:45(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

admin
#16 Posted : 16 December 2011 11:54:44(UTC)
admin

I believe you called the Careline yesterday about your Clear getting warm. We suggested you return it to us so that we can fully check this out for you.

Edited by user 23 December 2011 13:05:54(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

trust
#17 Posted : 14 February 2012 00:55:38(UTC)
trust

i can not be convinced
as there are other people who said the device not working on them

if it does work why the review is not high ?

Edited by user 14 February 2012 00:56:13(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

admin
#18 Posted : 14 February 2012 14:49:48(UTC)
admin

Like all health products, it's not going to work for everyone, hence the mixed reviews. Those that are finally rid of their acne will think Lumie Clear is worth every penny.

People also seem to leave a poor review when they feel they've 'wasted' the money but it doesn't have to be like that! We've said it loads of times but PLEEEEASE give us a ring before the 30-day trial runs out and we can offer advice, extend it or you can simply return it.

You've not got much to lose (£20 if you return it) so it's worth trying, especially if nothing else has worked.

Edited by user 14 February 2012 15:15:08(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

jasminesan
#19 Posted : 06 October 2017 08:15:41(UTC)
jasminesan

Woman
United States

I have tried for years numerous of products to treat acne (proactive, acne org. The treatment Benzoyl peroxide, la Roche posey effaclar duo) and as much I wish I could say those work for me unfortunately they didn't. I found dermalmd blemish serum over a curiosity of mine I read that tea tree oil and benzoyl peroxide work amazing together so I wonder is there's a product that had both, thank God I found dermalmd. I never seen my skin this good for years and I have had acne since my 13 years. I only have a month trying this and am so flabbergast on how this have chance my skin. I know still my acne is not completely gone I still have less than I had in years but dermalmd serum have give me hope that there's a solution to fight it once and for all for now.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed