Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Sleep_When_I'm_Dead
#1 Posted : 27 August 2010 00:48:10(UTC)
Sleep_When_I'm_Dead

Groups: Registered

Hi Guys,

Had unusual journey on this planet, now 44 years of age. After graduating as an alcoholic and now 10 months into recovery- permanent I hope, it has become apparent that I have had a sleep disorder all my life.

My problem is not centred in my mind; no woolley solutions are going to crack this one. We've all heard them- Why don't you stay still and close your eyes, Why not try a cup of Horlicks etc, etc. Or the best one I've heard from a medical professional recently "You just need healthy routines."

Very debilitating illness. The Problem is my pattern is on the move constantly and may be a very rare case of non 24 hour in a sighted person? That's the worst case scenario.

My dilemma at the moment is my doctor nor anyone else I seem to contact knows where I can go for proper diagnosis of Circadian Rhythm disorders such as DSPS and non 24 hour.

Can you guys help? I just need the contact details of a clinic so I can get referred. Shame to crack the drink problem and still have a completely unmanageable life.

Distance to clinic not a problem plus if I'm getting a bed not to sleep in when I get there???

Many thanks Chris
admin
#2 Posted : 24 September 2010 17:42:44(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Hi Chris,

Sorry to hear you have issues with sleeping.

There is a good sleep clinic at Papworth in Cambridgeshire; I guess you would need to get referred by your GP.

You may also find the Lumie products help with sleep issues too, Light therapy and the Bodyclocks can both help, the Bodyclock Elite with the sleep guided meditation tracks will help you to wind down, and along with the light gradually dimming down will be a great aid to help you to drop off to sleep more easily. In the morning the light will gradually increase like a mimic of the dawn, giving you your own personal sunrise when you need it, this will help you wake feeling more refreshed and better mood.

You may also find that using Light therapy at a certain time of the day and gradually shifting the time of day you use the light therapy, will help the circadian rhythms back into regulation. If you would like me to help you on the pattern to follow for this, it would be best to call us on 01954 780500.

Edited by user 06 January 2011 10:57:11(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rss Feed  Atom Feed