Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Simply Blue
#1 Posted : 29 October 2010 23:38:37(UTC)
Simply Blue

Groups: Registered

Hi

I have been diagnosed with Delayed Sleep Phase Syndrome (DSPS). I am in my mid forties and not slept 'properly' for 25 years. Have tried Melatonin but makes no difference. Exercise does not make significant difference, tried 10k runs - no difference.

I have always worked 9am-5pm with 'overtime'. Recently my sleep has been more of an issue and my concentration and retention of information is poor.

Any suggestions as to who is the 'expert' doctor on DSPS?
nikig
#2 Posted : 14 November 2010 11:40:09(UTC)
nikig

Groups: Registered

see your GP for a referral to your local sleep disorders clinic.
admin
#3 Posted : 16 November 2010 00:50:09(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 10 post(s)
There is a good sleep clinic at Papworth in Cambridgeshire; I guess you would need to get referred by your GP.

You may also find the Lumie products help with sleep issues too, Light therapy and the Bodyclocks can both help, the Bodyclock Elite with the sleep guided meditation tracks will help you to wind down, and along with the light gradually dimming down will be a great aid to help you to drop off to sleep more easily. In the morning the light will gradually increase like a mimic of the dawn, giving you your own personal sunrise when you need it, this will help you wake feeling more refreshed and better mood.

You may also find that using Light therapy at a certain time of the day and gradually shifting the time of day you use the light therapy, will help the circadian rhythms back into regulation. If you would like to know more about the pattern to follow for this, it would be best to call us on 01954 780500. I do hope this helps. admin

Edited by user 06 January 2011 11:08:34(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rss Feed  Atom Feed